Multi-layer laminates are created for a purpose. They are designed solutions to specific problems whether encountered directly by people or needed to make a device or process operate as it was designed. Multiple layers are used because a single product layer does not exist that is a full solution to all of the problems that need to be solved.
- Maybe a barrier layer needs to be added to keep a liquid in or out.
- Maybe a loose fabric needs a firm barrier for body.
- Maybe a membrane needs to be attached that allows moisture vapor transmission.
- Maybe netting needs to be added for more strength.
- Maybe a soft layer needs to be added for improved hand.
- Maybe a harder layer needs to be added for better abrasion resistance.
- Maybe an absorptive layer needs to be added.
- Maybe a stretchy layer needs to be added for application performance.
In all cases, the processes employed at Beckmann Converting provide the right level of bonding while making the minimum impact on the individual materials that make up the laminate.